Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Year, Time to start reblogging!

A year of reflection. During this past year, there has been many trials: my mom died, I went from a temp to a full time job, had surgery, lost the job as result, and moved twice! Not to mention numerous trips to the ER for chest and stomach pain with half the time getting admitted. All this led to a major depression in me, which led to a couple of additional hospitalizations as well.

As I type, I am in a partial (mental health) day program. While it has been helpful, its been intense. One of the things that has been hard for me is accepting the feelings that I have about things. This as a result according to my therapist is causing my anxiety and fear.

Right now I am blessed to have the help and support that I need and I am doing ok. I had diverticulitis which I had surgery for a colostomy back in September. I am do to have this surgery reversed in less than a month from now. I am actually looking forward to having the colostomy reversed!

Not much else happening, but just thought I'd update you all on this. Happy New Year and hope to be regularly updating you all soon!

Be well!

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Mike - good to see you blogging again!
    And very good to hear about the day program.
    My prayers to you for your continued overall good health!

    Be blessed,
    Sharmie

    ReplyDelete